The beginners guide to coding
Break into web development with this 100% beginner friendly course. Absolutely NO experience is required.
Welcome to the beginners guide to coding!
In this course, we are going to explore a lot together. There are three modules (3 mini courses) included in the beginners guide to coding:
- Web Development Fundamentals: A beginners guide to coding
- Understanding how websites work, a glimpse into the request/response lifecycle
- HTML 101: An introduction to web development for complete beginners
First, we will look at web development fundamentals including common myths about getting into web development, the tools of the trade, getting a coding program installed, and much more.
Then we will dive into understanding websites and take a look at how websites actually work, what your browser does, and how it all comes together on your computer. We will look into web requests and server responses as the way computers “talk” to each other.
Lastly, we will jump into HTML 101 where we will learn about what HTML is, how it is useful, why we should learn it, and then we will be writing quite a bit of code.
There are 3 projects: one at the end of each module. This will give you hands on experience every step of the way.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to get started in web development
- Introduction to HTML/HTML5
- How to read and write HTML