Unreal Engine 4: Top Down Shooter in C++ and Blueprint
A Top Down Game Where You Shoot Enemies That Multiply
In this course, you’ll be creating an arcade-style top-down shooter game in Unreal Engine 4. The focus is to walk through the basics of major game mechanic implementation using mainly code with minimal contact with Blueprint. By the end of this course, you’ll be confident enough with C++ to venture out and see what else is possible with it. Let’s bring down that barrier to entry together!
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- An understanding of a core game loop.
- An understanding of how design meets implementation.
- An understanding of the implementation of core game mechanics.
- All previously mentioned skills are transferable to any game engine such as Unity and Godot.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Communication between C++, the Unreal Editor and Blueprint
- Declaring and defining functions
- Setting function parameters and specifiers
- Class referencing and communication